Types of Pins
Anodized Aluminum Plating for Pins, Coins & Medals
100 piece minimum. Try Anodized Aluminum instead of a traditional plating color! We will use aluminum metal to make your custom pins, medals, coins, etc. Aluminum is very light, so your items will weigh approximately a third of the weight of the same item made using traditional iron or brass. The only way to get the shiny anodized aluminum plating colors below is to use aluminum as the base metal for the custom pin, medal, coin, etc.
The final color of anodized aluminum plating will vary from batch to batch. Chemical mixtures and exposure time for anodized aluminum products cause batch-to-batch variations in color. Anodized aluminum colors will be "close" to the requested PMS color, however this is a subjective determination, not a guarantee. We use our experience to determine the correct mixture, but it is a determination that is impacted depending upon who is working on it for that particular batch. This can result in hue changes from batch to batch (minor or significant) and it should be considered when ordering. SO... because there is an element of variation that can occur between batches making the exact same thing, it is preferable that you to order the total number of items you want the first time you order, instead of multiple smaller orders (to ensure consistency).
Push pins are die-struck for durability with soft enamel color applied. The enamel sits lower than the raised metal lines giving the push pins a raised feel and high-end look.
Shiny anodized aluminum plating only available on aluminum pins.
For anodized aluminum plating...
- Understand that aluminum will be the base metal for your item. It is lightweight.
- Pick your PMS color for the anodized aluminum plating. Plating color will be fairly close to this PMS color.
- You submit your order realizing you won't know the precise color of those plating until you see them.
- You understand that if you reorder the exact same thing, there may likely be batch-to-batch variation.
- No rush orders. Standard production time is 45 days when choosing anodized aluminum plating.
- 100 piece minimum order quantity for anodized aluminum items.